Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 1 - Blog

Ok - I know that the deadline is past, but I am still going to forge ahead and keep going with my quest! I like this saying, "Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey." -- Fitzhugh Mullan. Or as the t-shirt from Life is Good says, "Not all who wander are lost." I have spent alot of time on the side of the road and hope to now get to my destination. The end of this project comes after 23 Things, but my goal is to learn more about Web 2.0 and how to use it in the classroom and curriculum.

I have used Blogger before, and I find that it is fairly straightforward and easy to use. I am not the webmaster at my school so I use blogger as a website for the MGJH media center. I have tried to include more of the interactive features, Web 2.0 that are not available with basic webpages, such as usign the blog features and RSS feeds. I also worked colloboratively with the 7th grade English teachers to blog with their students on a writing activity. It went great. Students like to publish their own work and see their friends work also! I hope to do more blogging next year.


No comments:

Mattie Good Dog

Mattie Good Dog
"What up dog?"